Tuesday, October 9, 2012

6 Months!

I still cannot believe that my precious baby is 6 months old today!  He brought so much more joy into my life these past 6 months that I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, not even a couple of million bucks (and I do love a couple million bucks). 

Brayden is the strongest baby I know!  Of course, I am probably bias because I am his Mother and he is my baby... uhh... but he really is!  He got his 6 month shots yesterday... 4 separate shots this time!  I hate seeing my baby cry like that.  He only cries like that when he gets his shots, and I don't blame the kid.  In fact, I'd probably be crying more than him if I was in his shoes!  On top of getting shots, he was hungry and tired.  I tried to keep him up before the shots and wanted to save his feeding until after the shots to help soothe him.  So... he was really really upset.  My poor baby.  I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed while I was holding him (and now as I am remembering how hurt and upset he was).  I don't think it is going to get any easier for me to see him get his shots.  Thank goodness he won't need to get any more shots until another three months.  Whew! 

He is on the verge of crawling already!  The pediatrician was so shocked to see that he was on all fours, rocking back and forth... ready to crawl.  He said that most babies are expected to crawl anywhere from six to eight months.  I am willing to bet that Brayden will fall in the six month bracket.  :)

He is definitely teething more than ever.  I was told by his old pediatrician that he was beginning to teeth since he was 3 months, but it just wasn't showing yet.  Well, its month six and I still don't see anything, but I know that its coming.  He's drooling like crazy and puts everything and anything inside his mouth.  Yuck!  He especially loves gnawing on my shoulders!

Here is how he measured up at 6 months -

Weight: 19 lbs, 8 oz.
Height:  27.25 inches

He is amongst the 75th to 80th percentile for both.  He's growing up beautifully... and still loving his Mothers' milk!! :)

6 more months until your first birthday, Brayden!  I cannot wait!  I love you!

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment